This documentary series follows the work of the courageous people who respond to 111 calls. In the course of each ordinary day, the audience will get rare insights into the working lives of these extraordinary people.
Emergency Heroes is the only television series which includes footage from all three services - Ambulance, Police and Fire. It is also the only series to include footage inside the 111 call centre - so that every incident is followed from the fateful 111 phone call, right through the event on the ground, to its aftermath.
A team of eight camera crews, five directors and more than a dozen cameras bring the audience close to the action.
The footage includes interviews with officers from cameras inside each vehicle, the hair-raising point of view from inside the Police's Eagle helicopter, and the grittiness of the police street camera network.
We see operators and dispatchers fielding panic-stricken calls - their calm voices seeking details, while they send professionals to help.
We find out what officers are thinking as they race to respond to a call, never knowing exactly what they'll find at the scene. And we hear the emotion of people who are often at their most frightened and vulnerable, as they tell their stories to those who are there to help.
- imDb Rating: ( Votes)
- Total Seasons:
Episode 2x1; Jan 11, 2010
2x1: Episode 1
1x9: Episode 9
1x8: Episode 8
1x7: Episode 7
1x6: Episode 6
1x5: Episode 5
1x4: Episode 4
1x3: Episode 3
1x2: Episode 2
CastView Full Cast
Recent Newsvia NewsAPI
View More Related News
How to Get Free T-Mobile Service If You're a First Responder
T-Mobile is currently offering first responders the opportunity to get free mobile service from the carrier for the next 10 years.Read more...
T-Mobile is currently offering first responders the opportunity to get free mobile service from the carrier for the next 10 years. The deal includes unlimited talk, text, and 4G/5G data. While the o… [+1174 chars]
The Best Travel Deals for Essential Workers
Essential workers deserve all of the perks that can be thrown their way, and it has been encouraging to see the travel industry is honoring them by offering them free and discounted travel options they can take advantage of right now.Read more...
Essential workers deserve all of the perks that can be thrown their way, and it has been encouraging to see the travel industry is honoring them by offering them free and discounted travel options th… [+3820 chars]
The USPS Is Reviewing Its Amazon Package Delivery Fees Because of Trump
Almost a month after President Donald Trump threatened to block a $10 billion emergency loan to the U.S. Postal Service unless it raised shipping prices on companies like Amazon, UPS, and FedEx, the USPS has decided to review its package delivery contracts, a…
Almost a month after President Donald Trump threatened to block a $10 billion emergency loan to the U.S. Postal Service unless it raised shipping prices on companies like Amazon, UPS, and FedEx, the … [+2811 chars]
Emergency doctor: We need help before it's too late
Last weekend, I was on CNN discussing the importance of supporting the mental and emotional health of medical professionals. I likened this pandemic to an invisible bomb going off in our emergency departments.
Dr. Tsion Firew is an emergency medicine doctor based in New York. She is an ardent advocate for the advancement of high-quality global emergency medicine, an adviser to the Ethiopian Ministry of Hea… [+5971 chars]
Google offers free Pixel repairs to frontline workers
Like with Samsung, the offer runs through June 30. What you need to know Google and uBreakiFix have teamed up to offer free repairs to Pixel owners who are also first responders or healthcare workers. Eligible workers get one free repair, no matter what …
Google and uBreakiFix are teaming up to support first line responders amid the current crisis. These include law enforcement, police officers, emergency medical technicians (EMTs), firefighters, doct… [+1082 chars]
Mattel made action-figure replicas of doctors, nurses, grocery store workers, and delivery drivers — and it's donating proceeds from sales of the toys to frontline workers
- Mattel is launching a collection of action figures and Little People characters designed to represent doctors, nurses, first responders, delivery drivers, and grocery store workers.
- The collection, which Mattel is calling #ThankYouHe…
The toy giant Mattel is launching a collection of Fisher-Price action figures to celebrate the "everyday heroes" on the front lines of the coronavirus pandemic, including medical workers, grocery sto… [+1827 chars]
COVID-19 will have a lasting impact on nurses — here's how we can be there for them, just as they've been here for us
- Maureen White, RN, is the executive vice president and chief nursing officer at Northwell Health, the largest healthcare provider in New York, which has treated the most COVID-19 patients in the US.
- Coronavirus will change the …
Business Insider There are defining moments in all of our lives — moments that have the ability to fundamentally alter a person, process, and organization. COVID-19 is one of those moments. And, if … [+3432 chars]
House Passes $3 Trillion Coronavirus Relief Bill That Has Dim Future
The House approved the massive package with aid to states, local governments, individuals. Senate Republicans already dismissed the proposal and it's unclear when parties will reach bipartisan deal.
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., walks past the Statuary Hall ahead of floor debate on a record $3 trillion coronavirus response package Friday to fund the fight against the pandemic and provide… [+7169 chars]
House passes $3 trillion coronavirus relief bill dubbed HEROES Act
- The House passed a $3 trillion coronavirus bailout, dubbed the HEROES Act, with a 208-199 vote.
- Spanning 1,815 pages, the bill outlines a list of priorities, including another round of $1,200 stimulus checks, a raise for essential workers, a…
The House passed a second $3 trillion bill aimed at providing relief and support to those impacted by the coronavirus pandemic on Friday. The bill, known as the Health and Economic Recovery Omnibus … [+1025 chars]
A senior NYC doctor died by suicide after weeks of working on the coronavirus front lines, where her patients suffered heavily
- Dr. Lorna Breen, medical director of the emergency department at NewYork-Presbyterian Allen Hospital, died by suicide on Sunday.
- Breen's father said she had treated many coronavirus patients, and had been shaken by the suffering and death sh…
A New York emergency-room doctor died by suicide over the weekend after describing to her family the great deal of suffering and death she witnessed while treating coronavirus patients. Dr. Lorna Br… [+2236 chars]
White House likely to back second round of stimulus checks, according to report
- The White House would likely back another round of coronavirus stimulus checks, two senior administrative told CNBC on Thursday.
- In a statement to CNBC, the White House did not immediately confirm the report.
- "As President Trump has…
The White House would likely support a second round of coronavirus stimulus checks, contrary to Senate Republican disapproval, CNBC reported Thursday, citing two senior administration officials. In … [+1780 chars]
As many as half of Europe's COVID-19 deaths were people in long-term care facilities
- Up to 50% of the COVID-19 deaths in Europe are associated with long-term care facilities, according to the World Health Organization.
- Hans Kluge, the WHO's regional European director, shared the data in Thursday's briefing.
- Kluge s…
Up to half of the people who died of COVID-19 in Europe were residents of long-term care facilities, Hans Kluge, the WHO's regional European director, said on Thursday. The data, which does not inc… [+2488 chars]
House Democrats scale back $10,000 student loan forgiveness measure in their coronavirus spending package because it cost too much
- House Democrats are scaling back their efforts to provide student debt relief, Politico first reported.
- A new amendment to the HEROES Act would limit relief for people who had been in dire financial straits before March 13, the day President…
House Democrats introduced an amendment to their coronavirus relief spending package on Thursday that significantly scaled back a provision enabling student debt relief. Politico first reported the … [+2926 chars]
A majority of US nurses have never had a COVID-19 test, and have had to re-use PPE like face masks, according to a survey of 23,000
- The majority of nurses have had to re-use single use PPE and have never been tested for the coronavirus, according to a survey of 23,000 nurses by the largest US nursing union.
- 87% of respondents said they have had to reuse single-use equipm…
87% of US nurses have had to reuse single-use personal protective equipment when treating coronavirus patients and 84% have never been tested for the virus, according to new survey of 23,000 nurses … [+3245 chars]
Of course Republicans will pass another stimulus bill (but they have to grumble first)
Hello, everyone! Welcome to the next edition of Insider Today. Please sign up here. If you're enjoying this newsletter, please forward it on. SUMMARY: Republicans are mumbling about the deficit and pretending they won't sign another huge stimulus bill, but o…
Hello, everyone! Welcome to the next edition of Insider Today. Please sign up here. If you're enjoying this newsletter, please forward it on. SUMMARY: Republicans are mumbling about the deficit and … [+13737 chars]
'I am no hero. I am not ready to die': A New York nurse reveals the anguish, fear, and heartbreak of fighting the coronavirus pandemic
- KP Mendoza has been a nurse for less than two years, but the horrors that the coronavirus drove him to write a will. He is 24 years old.
- As part of the medical team at Mt. Sinai Hospital in New York City, which has experienced the nation's w…
KP Mendoza was running in Central Park last week when he was flooded by exhaustion, anxiety, guilt, and frustration. As the relentless pressure of being a nurse battling the pandemic in New York bor… [+12588 chars]
Peter and me - Halifax Examiner
- Peter and me Halifax Examiner
- COVID-19 testing, contact tracing key to fending off second wave - Canada News Castanet.net
- Body of naval officer killed in helicopter crash returns to Nova Scotia CBC.ca
- Sub-Lt. Abbigail …
1. COVID-19 and politics I don’t want to be this guy again, but I haven’t had time this past weekend or again this morning to write a full article about Stephen McNeil’s criticism of the media for m… [+14311 chars]
Top ER Doctor In NYC Who Was 'Crushed' After Treating Virus Patients At Hard-Hit Hospital Dies By Suicide - Comic Sands
- Top ER Doctor In NYC Who Was 'Crushed' After Treating Virus Patients At Hard-Hit Hospital Dies By Suicide Comic Sands
- An ER doctor who continued to treat patients after she recovered from Covid-19 has died by suicide CNN
- New York…
*The following article contains discussion of suicide/self-harm. For over a month in NYCand now across the countryresidents have taken to their balconies and hung out of their windows at 7pm, clappi… [+3404 chars]
Final Fantasy VII Remake Made Me Climb 59 Flights Of Stairs And I Loved It
I recently arrived at Shinra headquarters in my playthrough of Final Fantasy VII Remake. After Cloud and his squad fight their way through the parking garage, they enter the spacious reception area to find the place deserted. Our heroes have two ways to reach…
Gif: Square Enix (Kotaku) I recently arrived at Shinra headquarters in my playthrough of Final Fantasy VII Remake. After Cloud and his squad fight their way through the parking garage, they enter th… [+3165 chars]
What's in House Democrats' $3 trillion coronavirus bill?
Speaker Nancy Pelosi unveiled a massive coronavirus relief package on Tuesday.
Washington House Speaker Nancy Pelosi unveiled a massive coronavirus relief bill on Tuesday, the fifth proposed legislation related to the economic fallout from the pandemic. The House is expected to… [+3599 chars]